As with many other dental treatments, it’s imperative that you know and understand the nature of Invisalign braces in Singapore, before, during and after the treatment. There are both major and minor details to consider, with significant consequences and effects that will impact the alignment process as it’s a long-term treatment.
Below are some of the essential details of Invisalign clear braces that reputable and good orthodontists in Singapore will inform you about.
- Preparing for Invisalign Treatment
Before beginning the treatment, it’s advisable for you to clarify any common concerns with a good orthodontist. Invisalign will affect a multitude of your daily activities, both major and minor. Significant concerns such as pain management, interruptions of sleep, eating and drinking, and also speaking are just some of these considerations.
- Invisalign Pain Management
Managing pain is a significant concern that every patient has. In rare cases, there are patients who want a pause in their treatment halfway because of elevated levels of discomfort and pain as a result of inadequate pain management. While different people have different pain tolerance levels, complaints of discomfort or pain are usually of pressure or tenderness associated with removing the clear braces in and out of the mouth.
Some useful methods of alleviating pain include:
– Cold Compression: use cold compresses on the affected area to avoid swelling.
– Avoid foods that are chewy or crunchy when your gums or teeth are sore.
– Rough edges in your Invisalign braces should be highlighted to your orthodontist and get them smoothed out.
– Consult your dentists for painkillers.
- Eating & Drinking with Invisalign
The main benefit of Invisalign is that you can remove them when you’re eating and drinking. This means your diet in unaffected and you can still indulge in most foods without having to compromise too much. However, you still need to adhere to a few guidelines:
– Aligners must be removed before consuming food or drinks.
– Brushing and flossing are required after every meal to remove food particles and prevent plaque build-up.
– Limit alcohol and sugary drinks intake as the sugars can encourage cariogenic bacteria to breed if left uncleaned properly.
– Don’t chew gum with the retainers on.
– While wearing Invisalign, only drink water.
- Maintenance of Invisalign
Any orthodontic braces, be it metal braces, ceramic braces, or Invisalign braces, needs to be maintained with the utmost care. In the case of Invisalign, maintenance is more straightforward as it’s removable, but precautions should still be taken to prevent stains or damage. Recommended methods to maintain your Invisalign aligners include:
– Rinse your clear aligner only with cold water as heat can cause it to warp.
– Soak your aligners in Denture Cleaner or Invisalign’s cleaning crystals to keep it sanitised.
– Brush and floss your teeth before re-inserting your clear aligners.
– Brush your aligners gently with a soft toothbrush and non-acidic soap; vigorous brushing can cause scratches and damage.
- Invisalign Fees
Invisalign is customised and designed to fit a patient’s teeth specifically. Because of this, no two clear aligners are the same; therefore, the prices are never the same too. The cost of Invisalign braces in Singapore varies and depends on each patient’s individual characteristics. If the patient requires significant correction to their alignment and longer treatment time, then the cost will be higher. Additionally, there are also other reasons that contribute to the cost of Invisalign besides the complexity of the case.
In addition, a lot of good orthodontists have Invisalign braces instalment plans to accommodate different payment capabilities. These payment plans may extend to other braces types too like metal or ceramic braces depending on the clinic.
– The experience of the orthodontists. More experienced orthodontists or specialists may charge higher fees in Singapore, although that is not always the case.
– Case details will affect the cost. A more extended treatment means more supplies and attention is needed.
– Patient’s discipline. If the aligners are not worn at least 22 hours per day, it will take longer to complete the treatment thus incurring more charges.
– Loss or broken aligners. Replacement of the Invisalign braces is costly and can contribute significantly to overall costs.